Check out my food blog!

19 October, 2009

Additional Blog Notes...


First of all, I would like to introduce you to Igli, our angsty and entertaining adolescent cat. Also, I want to point out that I have been behind on my posts so below are three posts which I added at the same time. Just didn't want anyone to miss them. Finally, I'm happy to report more recordings being showcased on the MySpace account: http://www.myspace.com/moroccansean . This time its all sounds from the field as it were. There are two good examples of the "target language" of TashlHite in use; one of me practicing with my tutor, and one of a typical conversation around the tea table. Then there is "The Afternoon Drum Session", in which some neighborhood children get together and start a drum circle, which is later accompanied by the afternoon call to prayer. Then there is " Pious Bleach Delivery Service", a recording of the our local version of an ice cream truck, except that this truck sells home-made bleach for house cleaning and they blast Arabic readings of the Koran instead of cute melodies. Finally, there is "Banjo on the Hill"; a bit hard to hear, but this is a recording of a pretty decent banjo player, belting out a tune up on the hill overlooking the fields I happened to be walking through. Enjoy!